Wednesday 9 November 2011

What makes a good portrait?

My learners are busy working on their portrait assignments (or they should be) so when I read Chris Floyd's  blog about a portrait session; I felt it was worth sharing. This is a great insight into the world of professional portrait photography at the highest level. The link is for a job shot in London with two British actors. The picture of Macca is one of my favorites from his archive.

Chris Floyd
"You don't take a photograph you make it," Ansel Adams

2 comments:

  1. This is a good one. Black and white seems to still be the best for serious portrait photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I think that he has really captured something with this image. B&W does provide that additonal barrier from reality. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete