Thursday 17 November 2011

Sold! Behind the gare St Lazare a snip @ €433,000

Henri Cartier-Bresson.
For those who love the French master and are fascinated by the mind boggling fees paid for photography this post is for you. If I were an investment banker I would certainly consider spending this kind of eye popping money on such a fine example of 'the decisive moment'. While no expert I would anticipate that this image will increase in value. I am less certain of getting the same return on Rein 11 Andreas Gursky's record breaking sum achieved early this month. If I had the choice about which one I would like to see hanging in my penthouse apartment St Lazare wins every time. 
Andreas Gursky
The Worlds Most Expensive Photographs is a run down of famous pictures sold in recent years.
I am going to check down the sofa for cash to start my collection, all donations gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment