Friday 9 July 2010

How To Use The Rule of 3.

Henri Cartier-Bresson, Behind the Gare St. Laz...Image via Wikipedia



Welcome to the fourth edition of the blog.
The tutorial is on how to improve composition and give images depth and a ‘wow’ factor.
The ‘Rule of Thirds’ rule should not be over used. Your work will become boring otherwise. Composition structure is a skill worth acquiring and your work will benefit as a result but only at certain times.
I have used Henri Cartier-Bresson's image from the "Europeans" as I wanted to share this quirky image from one of the great masters. I trust that you will like it. It lends itself perfectly to the rule of 3. I bought a book by Magnum photographer Donovan Wylie called "Losing Ground." Powerful photographs of gypsies during the nineties. The book has been around for a longtime however it is the first time that I have seen it. Amazing photographs. 
"And if a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up. I know that the accident of my being a photographer has made my life possible" said Richard Avedon


 

No comments:

Post a Comment