Saturday 3 July 2010

what are pixels and how do they affect image quality

Classic Alfred Stieglitz photograph, The Steer...Image via Wikipedia
Most of us get into photography because it is fun and creative. We generally do not do it because we love science, there are of course exceptions and you know who you are....

Photographers have always needed some knowledge of science and I wanted to provide information on a area that confuses many new to the medium, pixels.

What are they? How many do I need?

The pdf below is intended to give you an introduction and clear up some widely held misconceptions about them.

I trust that this is of use to you and I look forward to hearing from you.

After following the crowd for a while, I'd then go 180 degrees in the exact opposite direction. It always worked for me, but then again, I'm very lucky. - Elliott Erwitt - on getting a different picture.


Mega Pixels -

No comments:

Post a Comment